This was so much fun!!
You guys had SO many fun and creative ideas, I had a BLAST reading them all!
Crossovers, brotherly moments, OCs, turtle tots... The terrifying part is having to choose only one of them.
And I was happily surprised to see so many Irrilia-related requests.
I think almost 1/3 of them had something to do with her. I've actually added all the Irrilia-suggestions to my list of Irrilia-art to make, so even if your request doesn't win today, I might draw it in the future.
(And I was shocked to see that one of them actually was a scene that I'm currently working on.
I'll promise to mention your name when I post the picture.
So, after two weeks of serious contemplation, I've decided to go with
She wanted to see the turtle tots as Squirtles, and though this concept has been done plenty of times before (just google ninja squirtles
), I haven't seen anyone make one with the 2012 turtles as models.
I got such a cute idea of how to make it, and I look forward to sharing it with you all. The case of the hidden Myrlings...
Oh, that's right! We had TWO competitions this time.
I'm really excited that so many decided to participate! No one managed to find every single Myrling, but some of you were very close.
And I'm incredibly impressed by your perception!
I thought this game would be too hard for you, but after seeing your findings, I started to think that maybe I hadn't made it hard enough.
Though, some Myrlings were harder to find than others... and here are their hiding places: Late Night Adventure
– 1 (on the back of the book Donnie is reading)Stages of Twilight
– 4 (I didn't expect anyone to figure this out... In the 4 first panels, Myrling is written in Morse code on a building in the background. Check the lit windows. I'm sorry...
)Turtle Tots React To Babies
– 4 (On Raph's blanket, on the small brown book next to Donnie, on a paper roof with Mikey, and on a box of napkins in Leo's panel.) Turtle Tot React To Being Sick
– 3 (On Mikey's comic book, in Donnie's book, again
... And the author of the book about the world's deadliest diseases. A lot of people thought that Mikey's pen was hiding a Myrling, but it's actually just a scribble. However, I have my initials hidden on his tea cup, but since you were only suppose to look for Myrlings, I didn't include it.
) Turtle Tots React To Thunder
– 5 (written in white in the background of every turtle's panel, and in the lightning bolt in panel 5) Secret Santa SAINW
– 2 (written vertically on a crate next to Raph, and on the rusty barrel Leo is sitting on) TMNT Hamato Irrilia
– 1 (on a piece of paper next to Irrilia) TMNT Sewer Bunnies
– 1 (on a pumpkin vine in the lower right of the picture) TMNT Comic Book cover
– 2 (Perhaps the most obvious Myrling is located big and brightly under the IDW logo. The not so obvious one is on Donnie's staff)
And the winner with a total of 21 out of 23 Myrlings found is...
Roamer was the only one who figured out the Morse code (which is impressive in itself), and is entitled to a request.
As long as it follows my guidelines and won't take 6 months for me to make.
I just want to congratulate you all for an AMAZING job in finding those illusive namelings!
It was a close one.
Thank you so much for participating in these contests!
I'd love to do this again someday!
See you at the next milestone!